Julie lost her first tooth today. Will she suddenly seem more grown-up? Heather will tell you that at Julie's age now (6 1/2), Heather was babysitting three younger siblings. Life is definitely different when your youngest is potty-trained, goes to school, and reads. I babysat a 1-year-old last week, and put him on my bed to change his diaper. Yep-- you guessed it -- he peed on my bed while I was getting the new diaper. You'd think I would have remembered that part about boy babies... Anyway, it's exciting and (according to Dave) a little sad to see our younger ones get bigger every day. Sunrise, Sunset, ad infinitum.
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Last Kid Loses First Tooth
Julie lost her first tooth today. Will she suddenly seem more grown-up? Heather will tell you that at Julie's age now (6 1/2), Heather was babysitting three younger siblings. Life is definitely different when your youngest is potty-trained, goes to school, and reads. I babysat a 1-year-old last week, and put him on my bed to change his diaper. Yep-- you guessed it -- he peed on my bed while I was getting the new diaper. You'd think I would have remembered that part about boy babies... Anyway, it's exciting and (according to Dave) a little sad to see our younger ones get bigger every day. Sunrise, Sunset, ad infinitum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's true. I had Matt, Kathryn and Daniel to deal with when I was Julie's age. Not that I did much babysitting, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteBut way to go Mom. 20 years of having a baby at home is no small feat to have conquered. Now you can look forward to grandkids that you can give back when they start to cry. :) (Yay Kathryn!)
Gee, I remember that about boy babies. I guess I've been thinking about babies more than you recently though. Julie is lucky that you were willing to have so many kids. You're a great mom.
ReplyDeleteWhy is Julie upside-down?
ReplyDelete